Setting up HCL Nomad in the cloud
Follow these steps to set up HCL Nomad if you use IBM SmartCloud® Notes® for mail.
Before you begin
- Make sure you meet the Requirements.
- Make a note of your mail server name, which you need to complete this procedure. To determine
your mail server name, for example,
Mail2/Renovations, open your SmartCloud location document from your HCL Notes client.
Download and install HCL Nomad.
- Install Nomad for iOS from the Apple App Store.
Copy your Notes ID file to your device.
Tip: See whether your ID file is in a vault: from the Notes client, click . You see the following text in the Security Basics tab when your ID is in a vault: This ID file has been backed up into vaultxxxx. If you don't see this text, make a local copy of the ID on your device.To make a local copy of your Notes ID on an iPad:
- Install iTunes on your Mac or PC if not already installed. (iTunes for Windows is available from the Microsoft Store.)
- Copy your ID file to your Mac or PC.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Connect your Mac or PC to your iPad. If PC, use an adapter that allows you to connect.
- When prompted, allow the Mac or PC to access the iPad, and vice versa.
- From your Mac or PC, select the iPad icon:
- In the Settings menu, click File Sharing.
- Select Nomad and click Add.
- Browse for your Notes ID file and add it.
- Open Nomad on your device.
Complete the Client Configuration page that opens and then click
- In the Your name field, enter the name associated with your Notes ID, for example, Samantha Daryn.
In the Domino server name field, enter your Domino® mail server, for example, Mail2/Renovations.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and click Agree.
If prompted to enter a server address, enter the DNS name for your mail server. The DNS name is
one of the following, depending on your geographic location:
Geographic location DNS server name North America mail.notes.na.collabserv.com Asia-Pacific mail.notes.ap.collabserv.com Europe mail.notes.ce.collabserv.com
- Browse and select a local copy of the ID file that you copied to your device and provide the password. Click Next.
- Wait for the configuration to complete and the Home page to open.