Setting up HCL Nomad on-premises
Follow these steps to set up HCL Nomad if you use an on-premises mail server located at your company site.
Before you begin
- Make sure you meet the Requirements.
- Ask your administrator for the Domino server to connect to during setup.
Download and install HCL Nomad.
- Install Nomad for iOS from the Apple App Store.
If your Notes® ID file is not in an ID vault on a
server, make a local copy of it on your device.
Tip: See whether your ID file is in a vault: from the Notes client, click . You see the following text in the Security Basics tab when your ID is in a vault: This ID file has been backed up into vault xxxx. If you don't see this text, make a local copy of the ID on your device.To make a local copy of your Notes ID on an iPad:
- Install iTunes on your Mac or PC if not already installed. (iTunes for Windows is available from the Microsoft Store.)
- Copy your ID file to your Mac or PC.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Connect your Mac or PC to your iPad. If PC, use an adapter that allows you to connect.
- When prompted, allow the Mac or PC to access the iPad, and vice versa.
- From your Mac or PC, select the iPad icon:
- In the Settings menu, click File Sharing.
- Select Nomad and click Add.
- Browse for your Notes ID file and add it.
- Open Nomad on the device.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and click Agree.
Complete the Client Configuration page that opens and then click
- In the Your name field, enter the name associated with your Notes ID, for example, Samantha Daryn.
In the Domino server name field, enter the name of the Domino server
that your administrator provided to you.
- If prompted to enter a server address, enter the DNS name for the server, for example, mail2.renovations.com.
- Provide the password for your Notes ID and click Next. If you see a message stating that the ID file can't be found on the server, browse and select a local copy of the file that you copied to your device.
- Wait for the configuration to complete and the Home page to open.