This command updates information about an organization or organizational unit.
The information of the new organization or organizational unit is stored in the MEMBER, ORGENTITY, MBRREL and ADDRESS tables.
Use this command with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to ensure that the information are encrypted. To do so type the command with the HTTPS secure protocol.
The parameters URL and orgEntityId are mandatory. The rest of the parameters are all optional.
- Calls an empty task command PreOrgEntityUpdateCmd which can be customized for any pre-processing prior to execution of this command.
- Checks the required parameters.
- Calls a task command AuditOrgEntityCmd which can be customized to perform additional parameter checking.
- Updates a self address if any field related to ADDRESS table is specified.(Self address is also called register address, and has selfAddress field set to '1' and nickname = logonId). The old address will be marked as 'T' (temporary) and a new record will be created in the ADDRESS table.
- Calls the OrgEntityErrorView view command of the command fails. Upon successful completion, the specified URL is called.
- Calls an empty task command PostOrgEntityAddCmd which can be customized for any further processing post execution of this command.
- URL is null (_ERR_CMD_MISSING_PARAM).
- The length of URL length equals 0 (_ERR_CMD_INVALID_PARAM).
- orgEntityId is null (_ERR_CMD_MISSING_PARAM).
- orgEntityId is not a foreign key set to the ORGENTITY table (_ERR_CMD_INVALID_PARAM).
- orgEntityName is null (_ERR_CMD_MISSING_PARAM).
- orgEntityName is not null but the its length equals 0 (_ERR_CMD_INVALID_PARAM).