Before you open a ServiceNow ticket with HCL Support
To decrease the time to problem resolution, whenever you submit a ServiceNow ticket, it is important to provide HCL Support with the information needed to diagnose the cause of a problem. HCL SafeLinx provides a support utility, SafeLinx Support, that you can run to automatically collect and send relevant system information. In addition, before contacting Support, you should prepare by completing a support checklist in which you collect and record other information about your environment.
The SafeLinx Support command sends SafeLinx Server configuration information along with additional diagnostic data. For instructions on using the SafeLinx Support command, see Collecting troubleshooting information to send to HCL Support.
To further assist the Support personnel who respond to your request, complete the following checklist to provide additional information about your environment:
- Software level of associated LDAP servers, database servers, and application servers, (for example, Traveler, iNotes®, web applications, and so forth).
- Recent changes to SafeLinx or related network software. For example, passwords changes for databases or user directories; or software updates to your firewall, proxies, load balancers, or application servers.
- Recent certificate changes or expirations.
Description of the problem and the environment
- Provide a detailed account of the problem:
- Specify the SafeLinx Server version number and build date. See Determining the version of code installed to determine the version number and
how to access the available software downloads.
- Operating system type, release level, and kernel level (32-bit or 64-bit) of the computer
running the SafeLinx Server. List any maintenance levels or fix packs applied to the operating
- Is the local file system used for the SafeLinx Server configuration and active session
- Name, software version, and any related build date of the relational database product installed
for use with the SafeLinx Server. List any maintenance level or fix packs
- Is the database server on the same physical computer as the SafeLinx Server?
- If the SafeLinx Server is configured to look up user accounts on an LDAP Server, name the
software vendor and any software version and build date. Is the SafeLinx Server configured to make a
secured connection to the LDAP Server?
- Type of devices which connect to the SafeLinx Server.
- To determine the SafeLinx Client software version and build date, see the topic "Determining the
version of code installed."
- List the operating systems used for SafeLinx Client connections.
- List any error messages received from the SafeLinx Client.
- List the networks used for SafeLinx Client connections.
- Steps to re-create the problem:
- Describe the network environment, including any firewalls, proxies, load balancers, databases,
and application servers, such as Traveler, iNotes, web
applications, and so forth, related to your use of HCL SafeLinx: