This information provides an overview for network administrators planning to install HCL SafeLinx. It contains the minimum information that is needed to get you started. For detailed information about installing HCL SafeLinx, see the Admin Users Guide.
This information makes the following assumptions:
- You have a working knowledge of your network environment and are experienced with troubleshooting network problems and installing software, such as DB2 Universal Database™ and Microsoft™ SQL Server.
- HCL SafeLinx is installed in either a development environment or in a DMZ with internet-facing and enterprise-facing firewalls.
- There is no previously installed version of the SafeLinx Server on the server.
- You want to enable mobile devices to access enterprise applications through the clientless HTTP access service. Or you want to set up a virtual private network (VPN) to enable SafeLinx Clients to connect to the enterprise through mobile access services.
- You are implementing a single-box installation, in which all necessary components are on the same computer. Necessary components include all required software.
- The SafeLinx Server uses an installation wizard on the Windows™ server operating system.
- You are using an IP-based network.
- You plan to install the SafeLinx Administrator, which is the administrative interface for the SafeLinx Server, to fully configure your network infrastructure. It is not required that the SafeLinx Administrator is installed on the same computer as the SafeLinx Server. However, on Windows systems, the SafeLinx Administrator is automatically installed on the same system as the SafeLinx Server.
Before you can install and configure the SafeLinx Server, you need to prepare the network and operating system environments.