Updating SafeLinx Administrator
After you download the SafeLinx Administrator for your operating system, run the installation program.
Install the SafeLinx Server before you install the SafeLinx Administrator.
On AIX and Linux, after you extract the SafeLinx Administrator archive, its contents are placed in the directoryinst.images.
On Windows, the SafeLinx Server archive file includes both the SafeLinx Server and SafeLinx Administrator. Optionally, if you plan to install SafeLinx Administrator and SafeLinx Server on different computers, you can download SafeLinx Administrator separately.
On Linux, the SafeLinx Administrator archive file contains the Java package as well as the SafeLinx Administrator package. If you do not have a Java runtime environment (JRE) installed, install the Java package first, and then install the SafeLinx Administrator.
To install SafeLinx Administrator, run the installation program as described in the following procedure.
- On Windows, double-click the extracted file to begin the installation and then follow the prompts.
On Linux, use the package manager to install the Java and SafeLinx Administrator RPM files. For
example, type the following commands from the command line:
rpm -ivh hcl-java-i386-jre-7.0-7.1.i386.rpm
rpm -ivh HCLwgcfg-6.1-5.2.i386.rpm
On AIX, start the System Management Interface Tool (smit or
smitty) and then select .
- In the INPUT device / directory for software field, type /inst.images
- Set the value in the Software To Update field to _update_all.
- Set the values in the fields Automatically Install requisite software and Accept new license agreements to Yes.
- Examine the SMIT output to ensure that the installation was successful.
- After the installation completes, from the SafeLinx Administrator menu, click to verify the SafeLinx Administrator version.