Routing traffic to a subnetwork
A routing alias is a SafeLinx Client acting as a multihomed destination gateway to route data between the SafeLinx Server and a subnetwork that you specify.
The SafeLinx Server delivers all traffic that is destined for the specified subnetwork to the SafeLinx Client's IP address. The SafeLinx Client then acts as a destination gateway and routes the data to the destination address. Follow the Procedure to make a SafeLinx Client into a routing alias.
- Change the SafeLinx Client system's TCP/IP properties to enable IP forwarding.
- Make sure that the SafeLinx Client is defined to the SafeLinx Server as a user with a fixed IP address.
- From the Resources pane, right-click the Mobile Access icon that belongs to the SafeLinx Server for which you are adding a routing alias. Select .
- Follow the Add wizard screens to specify the destination address and mask that makes the subnetwork to which the SafeLinx Server will route traffic.
- Specify the fixed IP address that is assigned to the Mobility Client that will act as the destination gateways.