Default resources is an organizational unit (OU) that contains some commonly used groups, profiles, and filters that are automatically installed with the SafeLinx Server.
- Authentication profile
- System authentication profile, which uses the password field of User accounts defined in LDAP to validate sessions. System authentication also includes an extension of lightweight third-party authentication (LTPA) and single sign-on (SSO) properties that can be enabled after the authentication succeeds.
- Connection profiles
- Example profiles of security and mandatory settings for given
networks. Connection profiles are assigned to mobile network connections
- IP - used with transport profiles
- Motient and DataTAC
- Motorola PMR confirmed
- Motorola PMR unconfirmed
- Transport profiles
- Used only with IP connection profiles, these profiles are sets
of dynamic configuration properties that are based on network characteristics
of the connected session. Multiple network names can be associated
with one transport profile and more than one transport profile can
be assigned to an IP connection profile.
- ASTRO Motorola trademark for Land Mobile Radio Sector's FDMA (frequency division multiple access) digital radio system
- CDMA (code division multiple access)
- GPRS (general packet radio service)
- LAN (local area network)
- WiFi (wireless fidelity)
- Filters that can be assigned to a mobile network interface (MNI)
to pass packets, such as ping requests and replies, or block packets
to the SafeLinx Clients assigned to the MNI. Filters include:
- No ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol) traffic allowed to the SafeLinx Client. This filter does not block ICMP traffic from the SafeLinx Client.
- Allow ping requests
- Allow ping replies
- Allow ICMP - parameter problem
- Allow ICMP - destination unreachable
- Deny FTP traffic
- Deny telnet traffic
- Deny HTTP traffic
- Deny HTTPS traffic
- Deny NETBIOS traffic on TCP port 135
- Deny NETBIOS traffic on TCP port 139
- Deny NETBIOS traffic on TCP port 445
- Deny NETBIOS traffic on UDP port 135
- Deny SNMP traffic on TCP port 161
- Deny SNMP traffic on UDP port 161
- Deny SSDP traffic on UDP port 1900
- A group that is used to store the default filters.
- Modem profiles
- Several profiles for modems that include properties, such as:
- Dial and hangup commands
- Reset command
- Cmd mode command, suffix, and timer
- Carrier threshold time
- Wireless password policies
- Contains an unrestricted password policy, which contains no rules and a moderately secure password policy with a set of password rule restrictions.
The Tips help for the Default resource properties refers to default values for each field that are not necessarily the same value as what the default resource configured. For example, the default connection profiles set the value of the TCP optimization property to match the nature of the network. The Tips help refers to default values for this setting for connection profiles that you create and not for default resources that are created when you install SafeLinx Administrator.
You can modify the properties of the Default resources, or you can add new resources and store them in the Default resources organizational unit. If you delete a default resource, there is no way to restore it without reinstalling the SafeLinx Server.