Configuring users to be authenticated using only LDAP-bind
You can configure the SafeLinx Client to be authenticated using LDAP-bind.
You can configure the SafeLinx Client for Linux and Windows to be authenticated by using LDAP-bind. SafeLinx Client users on Sony Ericsson 910 are automatically configured to use two-party key distribution protocol and, when an LDAP-bind authentication server is also configured, LDAP-bind authentication.
- Create an LDAP-bind authentication profile. SeeUsing LDAP- bind authentication profiles for more detail.
- Create a connection profile that is configured with the Diffie-Hellman key exchange algorithm. Set the Client Validation Model to None, and set Secondary Authentication to the LDAP-bind authentication profile you created.
- Make sure that the connection profile has the LDAP-bind authentication profile selected that you created in step 1.
- Assign the connection profile to an MNC.
- On the SafeLinx Client, create a connection to the SafeLinx Server.
- Edit the properties on the SafeLinx Client connection you created. Click the Security tab, click Public Key, then click OK.
- On the SafeLinx Client, start the connection to the SafeLinx Server. Make sure to enter the LDAP-bind user name and password into the Connect window to log on.