Configuring users to be authenticated using certificate-based authentication
You can configure a SafeLinx Server to connect by using certificate-based authentication.
To configure a SafeLinx Server to connect through certificate-based authentication, create an authentication profile, then assign it to a connection profile.
- Click the Resources tab.
- Right-click the OU in which you want to create an authentication profile.
- Create an authentication profile. Click .
- Specify a descriptive name of the profile.
- Determine how you want to verify the client certificate
authenticity. For descriptions and example, click Tips,
then click the field for which you want details. Select any or all
of the following:
- Verify validity period
- Verify certificate issuer and optionally list the certificate revocation list directory
- Verify certificate subject key
- Assign the authentication profile to the resource that
uses it. Edit the properties of a connection profile. Click the Security tab,
then select the Secondary authentication profile that
you want.Note: Only connection profiles can use certificate-based authentication profiles.