Configuring a connection for an ASTRO network using the SafeLinx Client
Configure both the SafeLinx Server and the SafeLinx Client to complete support for an ASTRO network.
- Make sure that the SafeLinx Client has the ASTRO network support installed. By default, version 1.0 of the SafeLinx Client installs this new support.
- Make a new connection for the ASTRO network. Double-click Create Connection.
- Specify a name for the connection, then click Next.
- Select ASTRO from the network type list, then click Next.
- Specify the IP address that the SafeLinx Server uses on the ASTRO network. This address is also referred to as the mobile gateway IP address. Then, click Next.
- Specify the IP address that the ASTRO radio modem uses on the network. This address is used by the SafeLinx Server as the destination for packets to be delivered to the SafeLinx Client through the ASTRO connection. It must be an address routable to the ASTRO wireless network gateway (WNG). Then, click Next.
- Click Finish.
If you specified a port number other than 8889 in the SafeLinx Administrator in step 5, then
edit the properties of the connection:
- Right-click the connection, then click Properties.
- Click the Networks tab.
- Select ASTRO, then click Properties.
- Click the ASTRO tab.
- Make sure that the port you specified in SafeLinx Administrator is the same as the Receive port.
- Click OK, then click OK again to save the change.
- The ASTRO network support is only available on Windows XP and Windows 2000.
- When using the ASTRO Motorola ASTRO-25 networks transport profile in the Default Resources OU, make sure that Default filters on the Network filters tab is selected.