Viewing connection properties
To view connection properties, click Menu bar.on the
The Menu bar displays the following properties tabs:
- Check boxes on this tab
enable a user to:
- Have the connection prompt for a user ID and password.
- Start the connection automatically whenever the operating system starts.
- Create a default route through the SafeLinx Client connection for all traffic bound for hosts in non-adjacent networks.
- Enables a user to set the key exchange and encryption methods for the connection.
a user to:
- Add a network connection to the list of networks configured for the connection.
- Delete a network from the list of networks configured for the connection.
- Change the priority of selected networks when using automatic roaming.
- View or modify the properties of a configured network.
To view or modify the properties, including Roaming, for the Mobile Network Interface (MNI), select a configured network and click Change. The following configuration tabs are displayed:
- View or change the settings for the SafeLinx Server address, supported protocols, ports and, for HTTP and HTTPS only, the authentication proxy server address and port.
- Alternate address
- Enables a user to specify a different address to be used to communicate with the SafeLinx Server. This feature could be helpful if a user uses different IP addresses for different locations.
- The fields on this tab enable a user
- Set the number of seconds for the SafeLinx Client to wait before it roams to the next available network.
- Set the threshold time for the SafeLinx Client to wait before it roams from this connection to a lesser-priority network.
- Select one or more applications to be started automatically after successfully logging on to the SafeLinx Server.