Importing and exporting configuration files
You can export the configuration file that controls how a SafeLinx Client connects to the network and then import the file to other clients to reuse those settings.
There are two options for exporting a configuration file. You can export platform-independent settings only, or export the complete configuration. A platform-independent configuration can be used on any SafeLinx Client device, but the source configuration cannot reference specific hardware, such as a specific modem or network adapter. A complete configuration can be reused only by a SafeLinx Client that runs on the same operating system as the exporting device, and that has the same installed modem or network adapter. The exporting and importing devices can be at different release levels of the same operating system.
Importing configuration files
Import a configuration file from another client to reuse its settings.
- Click the connection in the Connections window. Click .
- Enter the full path and name of the configuration file to be imported, or click Browse to find the file. By default, exported configurations have an extension of *.pdb.
- Select the file you want to import, then click Open Open OK.
The Import Configuration window acts as a confirmation dialog. You are prompted if the imported connections attempt to override an existing connection. Your existing configuration is saved in a *.pdb file, which can be restored.
Exporting configuration files
Export a configuration file to save a client's settings for reuse on another client.
- Click a connection in the Connections window. Click .
- Specify the configuration file to export. By default, configuration files have an extension of *.pdb.
- Select Export as platform-independent to export the configuration file for use on SafeLinx Clients that run on any operating system.
- Click Open Open OK to complete the export process.