Viewing connection status
Various components that relate to the connection status which include status, statistics, roaming, logon status, and advanced settings are all available to be viewed within the Status window.
The Status window opens to display information about your connection to the Connection Manager, under these tabs:
- Provides information about the status of the network connection
and the virtual connection of your device with the SafeLinx Server.
- Virtual connection
- Displays the connection status with the SafeLinx Server, shown as either Logged on or Logged off. Also displays the local IP address used by the network to access your mobile computer and the IP address of the SafeLinx Server. The connection time is also shown here.
- Network connection
- Displays the status of your current network connection and the connection protocol it uses. Also displays the name and IP address of the network connection. And, in some cases, additional information is given, including the connection name, description of the interface, or hardware description.
- Gives an indication of the number of bytes and packets transmitted and received. These statistics are for the current connection only and are not cumulative across multiple connections.
- This tab opens only when you are connected by using an advanced roaming connection and have more than one interface definition for a connection. The Roaming tab displays information about the status of interfaces defined for the SafeLinx Client and allows control of the roaming characteristics of your network interfaces. You can enable or disable automatic roaming, designate a specific network connection as the active connection, and suspend or resume the SafeLinx Client connection.
Two other boxes might be displayed on the Status tab. These boxes show the status of a connection in progress and the advanced settings for an active connection.
- Logon status
- While a connection is in progress, the Logon status box opens on the Status tab. This box contains a status bar that shows the progress of the SafeLinx Client connection to the SafeLinx Server. The box also contains a Cancel button that is used to cancel the connection in progress.
- Click the Advanced button to show advanced settings for the connection, including whether the connection traffic is encrypted, compressed, and whether header reduction is applied. Compression and header reduction values might change depending on the network to which you are connected. For example, as you roam between different networks, the values can change dynamically.