Viewing connection properties
You can view connection properties such as attributes, security, networks, and autostart to understand and customize your connection.
- Select the check boxes on this tab to:
- Have the connection prompt for a user ID and password
- Start the connection automatically whenever the operating system starts
- Create a default route through the SafeLinx Client connection for all traffic bound for hosts in non-adjacent networks
- You can set the key exchange and encryption methods for the connection.
- You can:
- Add a network connection to the list of networks configured for the connection
- Delete a network from the list of networks configured for the connection
- Change the priority of selected networks when using automatic roaming
- View or modify the properties of a configured network
To view or modify the properties, including Roaming, for the Mobile Network Interface (MNI), select a configured network and click Change. The following configuration tabs display:
- View or change the settings for SafeLinx Server address, supported protocols, ports and, for HTTP and HTTPS only, the authentication proxy server address and port.
- Alternate address
- You can specify a different address to be used to communicate with the SafeLinx Server. For example, if you use one IP address when you are connected at work and another when you are connected at home, you can specify the SafeLinx Server address for each location.
- Select the type of PPP connection and the connection timeout. This tab also contains the Redial properties for dial connections capable of short-hold mode.
- You can use the fields on this tab to:
- Set the number of seconds for the SafeLinx Client to wait before it roams to the next available network.
- Set the threshold time for the SafeLinx Client to wait before it roams from this connection to a lesser-priority network.
- Select one or more applications to be started automatically after successfully logging on to the SafeLinx Server.