Setting up a trace
You can set up a trace to record diagnostic information for the SafeLinx Client. For example, if the modem does not initialize, set up a trace to capture every message sent during the initialization process. Store these messages in the trace file. HCL service personnel might request a trace file from you to help diagnose a problem.
- The SafeLinx Client has three possible trace files.
- arttrace.txt - Main SafeLinx Client trace file
- arttrace2.txt (created when buffer fills up for arttrace.txt)
- artginatrc.txt - Trace file for the Windows™ Integrated Login component.
- By default the trace files are located:
- SafeLinx Client for Windows 2000
- SafeLinx Client for Windows XP
- By default the artginatrc.txt is in
- SafeLinx Client for Windows Vista
- You can configure a custom location for the SafeLinx Client trace files by using a setting
within the safelinx.ini file. The safelinx.ini file is in:
- Windows 2000: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\HCL\SafeLinx Client
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\HCL\SafeLinx Client
- Windows Vista: C:\Users\All Users\HCL\SafeLinx Client
- Windows 7: C:\Users\All Users\HCL\SafeLinx Client
- In the [ SAFELINX ] section of the safelinx.ini file, you must add the setting TraceFolder=. With this setting all 3 of the SafeLinx Client trace files are written to this path: TraceFolder= <specify the directory you wish>(that is, c:\SafeLinx Client\Traces).