Removing the SafeLinx Administrator
Directions for removing the SafeLinx Administrator vary based on your operating system.
Remove the SafeLinx Administrator by using the method appropriate to the operating system:
- Use SMIT:
- Make sure that you are logged on to the system by using the root operating system ID.
- Start smitty and select this path through the menus:
- Specify wgcfg.rte in the SOFTWARE name field.
- Press Enter three times.
- If you want to permanently uninstall SafeLinx Administrator, delete the .wgcfg directory from each user's home directory. If you are uninstalling so that you can upgrade to a new version, do not delete the.wgcfgdirectory.
- Log in to the computer with the root operating system ID, and from a command line, type rpm -e wgcfg. If you want to permanently uninstall SafeLinx Administrator, delete the .wgcfg directory from each user's home directory. If you are uninstalling so that you can upgrade to a new version, do not delete the .wgcfg directory.
- Use the Uninstall or change a program applet on the Control Panel:
- Click Uninstall a program. , and then click
- From the list of installed programs, right-click SafeLinx Administrator 1.0.0, and then click Uninstall.
- If the SafeLinx Administrator was installed automatically by the SafeLinx Server, you cannot uninstall it without uninstalling the SafeLinx Server.
- After you uninstall the SafeLinx Administrator, the installation directory is not removed. A record of the uninstallation is saved to the installation directory in the file UninstallLog.txt