Installing the SafeLinx Administrator on Windows
On Windows, the SafeLinx Server installation automatically installs the SafeLinx Administrator. If you plan to run the SafeLinx Administrator only from the SafeLinx Server host, you do not have to download and install the SafeLinx Administrator separately.
If you install SafeLinx Administrator on a computer that hosts an earlier version of the SafeLinx Administrator, you do not have to uninstall the earlier version.
Download the Windows version of the SafeLinx Administrator installation image from the FlexNet
For example, download SafeLinx-<version_number>-WinGK-yyyymmdd.After the download completes, the installation file Administrator_Win_61*_yyyymmdd.exe is saved to the download directory.
If you are replacing an earlier version of SafeLinx Administrator that communicated with the access
manager over a secure TLS connection, you must back up the existing certificates.
After you complete the installation, restore the certificates to the new version, as described in Step 6.
- Copy the *.kdb and *.sth files to a temporary directory.
- Then, copy the existing trusted.jks file from the installation directory to a temporary directory.
- Double-click the installation file that you downloaded in Step 1.
- Follow the prompts in the installation wizard to complete the installation process. The default installation directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\HCL\SafeLinx Administrator.
If you are upgrading from an earlier version of SafeLinx Administrator and you backed up certificates to a
temporary directory in Step 2, restore the previously used certificates.
- Copy the *.kdb and *.sth files, the backup copy of the trusted.jks file, from the temporary directory you created.
- Copy the backup copy of trusted.jks from the temporary directory to the installation directory.
To start the SafeLinx Administrator, click
Notes: On 32-bit versions of Windows, you can install the SafeLinx Administrator silently. To run a silent installation, from the directory that contains the SafeLinx Administrator installation files, type the following command: