Installing the SafeLinx Server on Windows
On Windows, the installation program installs both the SafeLinx Server and the SafeLinx Administrator administration tool at the same time.
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server components
- Global Security Kit (GSKIT)
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server
- Virtual adapter to support SafeLinx Client virtual private network (VPN) access
Tivoli Directory Server is required to support interaction with LDAP services, such as authentication with an LDAP directory.
After the software installs, use the First steps portal to complete the initial configuration.
Download the 64-bit Windows version of the SafeLinx Server installation image from the FlexNet
For example, download SafeLinx-6.1.*.*-Win-yyyymmdd-64.After the download completes, the file Server_61*_yyyymmdd_64.exe is saved to the download directory.
- Log in as root on the computer where you want to install the SafeLinx Server.
- Double-click the installation program to start the wizard and then specify the language to use for the installation.
- If you are prompted, click Install to install the GSKit software.
When you are prompted, specify whether you want to install the virtual adapter. The virtual
adapter is used to support virtual private network (VPN) connections for SafeLinx Clients only. It
is not required for deployments that support HTTP access services only. However, to avoid later
complications if you want to add support for SafeLinx Clients, it is best to install the adapter
Installation of prerequisite software can take several minutes.
After the Installation wizard completes, the First steps portal opens to guide you through the initial configuration.