Installing the SafeLinx Server on AIX
On AIX, you use the installation menus of the System Management Interface Tool (smit or smitty) to install the SafeLinx Server.
From the computer where you want to install the SafeLinx Server, download the SafeLinx Server
installation images. You can obtain the image from the FlexNet Portal.
For example, download SafeLinx-6.1.*.*-AIX-yyymmdd-64.After the download completes, the file aix-61*-yyymmdd-64.tar.Z is saved to the download directory.
- Log in as root on the computer where you want to install the SafeLinx Server.
- Extract the downloaded SafeLinx Server image and specify where you want to save the contents of the archive. After you extract the image, the directory inst.images64 is created in the location that you specified. The directory contains the SafeLinx Server installation file wg, the Global Security Kit (gskit) and cryptographic libraries, message files, readme files, and release notes.
Start the System Management Interface Tool (smit or
smitty) and then select .
- In the INPUT device / directory for software field, type /inst.images64
- Set the value in the Software To Update field to _update_all.
Set the values in the fields Automatically Install requisite software
and Accept new license agreements to Yes.
The SafeLinx Server is installed to the directory of /opt/hcl/SafeLinxServer.
- Examine the SMIT output to ensure that the installation was successful.
This entry ensures that the wgated process can be started if the computer is restarted. However, this entry can cause problems in a High Availability Cluster Multiprocessing (HACMP) environment. If you are using HACMP to control the start of wgated, then remove or comment out the
rcwgated:2:once:/etc/rc.wgated > /dev/console 2>/dev/null
rc.wgatedentry in /etc/inittab.