From the SafeLinx Administrator, you can search for resources in your HCL SafeLinx deployment.
By default, SafeLinx Administrator displays a maximum of 500 search results. You can adjust the default value by changing the value in the field Maximum search results to display on the General tab of the Access manager properties. You must be logged in with the root operating system ID or as the default SafeLinx Server administrator (admin), to change this value.
To search for a resource, complete the following procedure.
- From the Resources pane of the SafeLinx Administrator, click Find.
From the Resource field, click the type of resource that you want to
For example, click User.
In the Search in field, choose one of the following options.
- Click All OUs to search across every organizational unit.
- Click Browse to search within a specific organizational unit only.
- If you restrict the search to a specific OU, select Include lower level resources if you also want to search recursively within OUs that are contained in the specified OU.
In the Search criteria field, choose one of the following options.
- Click Or if you want the search to return results if there is a match for any of the search attributes that you specify.
- Click And if you want the search to return results only if there is a match for all of the search attributes that you specify.
Type a text string in each attribute field that you want to search, and then click
For example, to search for all users in the OU Ontario who use fixed IP addresses and who have the string Sales in their Description field, complete the following steps.
The Resources pane list the resources that match the search criteria.
- Resource field, click User.
- In the Search in field, click Browse, and then select the Ontario OU.
- In the Search criteria field, click And.
- In the field Static IP address, type the user's IP address. Note: This field does not accept wildcard characters, but you can search all of the valid values for an octet by leaving the octet blank. You must specify a value for at least one octet.
- Type Sales in the Description field.
- Click Find now.