Defining a SafeLinx Server by using the SafeLinx Administrator
Before you can define a SafeLinx Server, you must configure the access manager. If you connect to a SafeLinx Server and its access manager is not yet configured, a wizard leads you through the access manager configuration first. After that process completes, you can configure the SafeLinx Server.
When you define a SafeLinx Server, you configure it to support the network resources that
you want to use in your deployment. As you progress through the wizard, review the default values
and provide the following information:
- An identifying string to uniquely identify the SafeLinx Server.
- A description.
- Messages and trace information; the levels of messages that you want logged.
- A SafeLinx Server that is configured exclusively as a subordinate node in a cluster does not need MNC support installed.
- After you finish defining the resources that are associated with a SafeLinx Server, you are prompted to start the SafeLinx Server.
- When you first define a SafeLinx Server, you cannot specify some properties, such as alert settings. After you create the SafeLinx Server resource, you can edit its properties to update settings. For more information, see Editing resource properties.