Configuring cluster nodes
Automatically installed and inactive by default, each cluster manager resource is displayed under the SafeLinx Server. Cluster managers define subordinate or principal nodes in a cluster.
To change cluster node configuration, you must have at least Modify ACL access to the SafeLinx Server.
To set up clustering you create a cluster group, add subordinate nodes to the group, and then assign the group to a principal node. The principal node dispatches traffic to nodes in the cluster group only. To create a cluster group:
- From the Resources page in SafeLinx Administrator, right-click the OU in which you want to create a group, and then click .
- In the Add a New Cluster Group wizard, type a name in the Group identifier field, specify the OUs in which you want to place this group, and then click Finish.
Designate a subordinate node.
- From the Resources page in SafeLinx Administrator, expand the SafeLinx Server that you want to designate as a subordinate node.
- Right-click Cluster manager, open the Subordinate page, and then select Enable SafeLinx Server to be a subordinate node.
- Specify the values for the transport protocol, port, and session duration for this subordinate node.
- In the Cluster Group field, specify the cluster group to which you want to add this node.
- In the Distribution algorithm field, specify the distribution algorithm that you want this subordinate node to manage the flow of traffic from the principal node.
In the Current state field, specify the state of the subordinate node.
You can assign one of the following states:
Designate a principal node.
- From the Resources page in SafeLinx Administrator, expand the SafeLinx Server that you want to designate as a principal node, open the Principal page, and then click Enable SafeLinx Server to be a principal node.
- In the field Subordinate nodes or cluster groups to control, select the cluster group and any individual nodes to which you want this principal node to distribute traffic.