Admins are users who are authorized to use the SafeLinx Administrator to configure, define maintain, and monitor SafeLinx Server resources.
The first time that you use the SafeLinx Administrator, you must log in to the access manager with the default admin account (admin) and password (sl4!admin). Only the default administrator can configure the access manager.
- Default SafeLinx Server admin (admin)
- A preconfigured admin (admin) who can edit access manager properties and has All access control to all other resources in all organizational units. The default admin is able to create other admin IDs and ACL profiles. The access type for admin is limited to super user. Access control lists are not valid for this account. This account cannot be expired.
- Super user
- An admin who, except for access manager, has all access control to all resources in all organizational units. A super user admin is able to create other admin IDs and ACL profiles.
- Access control list (ACL)
- An admin who is assigned an ACL profile that is set up by the default admin or by a super user admin. An ACL profile is a collection of ACLs that defines the level of access to resources. An admin with an ACL profile assigned is not able to create other admin IDs and ACL profiles.
For example, you can create an ACL profile and assign it to an admin ID to work only with user resources, resetting passwords, and locking or unlocking user accounts. Or, you can create an ACL profile and assign it to an admin ID that can work with any type of resource. But, this action is allowed within only one or more specified OUs.
You can specify whether the default admin can log in remotely to the access manager by using the SafeLinx Administrator. To prevent remote access of admins that use the default admin ID, edit the access manager properties on the Security page. For more information, see Editing resource properties.